Barton L. Gertsch is a member of the firm’s real estate transactions group. Mr. Gertsch has experience representing parties in matters involving real estate acquisitions, development and financing, leases, construction, land use and zoning issues, accounts receivable financing, partnership and corporate formation and contract negotiation.
Mr. Gertsch has been listed in Utah Business Magazine as one of Utah’s Legal Elite. He has also been listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers.
His experience includes representing:
- a Salt Lake City-based company in the acquisition and financing of several large apartment complexes throughout the United States. Such representation included negotiating the purchase agreements, resolving title issues, forming various tenancy-in-common arrangements, and negotiating property management contracts.
- owners in developing large, mixed use commercial and retail developments. Such representation included, negotiating loan documents on behalf of the owner and preparing complex condominium documents to govern the use of the project.
- developers in the sale of a number of large shopping centers.
- a large Salt Lake City-based developer in the development of a number of medical office buildings.
- clients in the acquisition and financing of several nursing homes throughout the western United States, including financing insured by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- several landlords in connection with negotiating leases for office and retail developments.
- a large oil company in negotiating construction contracts and easements in connection with the construction of an oil pipeline from North Salt Lake, Utah to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- general contractors in negotiation construction contracts with owners and subcontractors.