We are committed to maximizing client insurance coverage and to minimizing client losses. When appropriate, we pursue favorable settlements out of court, but we do not hesitate to go to trial if it is in the client’s best interest. Our attorneys have significant trial, arbitration and mediation experience representing the insurance industry and have been retained as a consultant or expert by insurers on coverage issues.
Parr Brown provides representation for insurers on issues related to coverage, co-insurance, and reinsurance disputes, including bad faith claims or improper claims handling. Cases include property and casualty insurance fraud and business interruption claims, first-party coverage and property insurance litigation cases, third-party personal injury and property damage liability cases. Coverage litigation relates to textual issues such as the proper interpretation of policy definitions, exclusions and warranties.
The types of actions for which we have extensive experience include:
- Insurance policy interpretation, insurance coverage and reinsurance disputes, including bad faith claims or improper claims handling.
- Comprehensive general liability insurance claims.
- Litigation related to issues such as interpretation of policy definitions, exclusions, and warranties.
- Errors and omissions.
- Personal injury caused by automobile accident, fire, catastrophe, premises liability, and professional malpractice.
- Product liability defense litigation.
- Financial institution fidelity.
- Environmental and toxic tort coverage claims.
- Directors and officers liability insurance matters.
- Property and casualty insurance fraud.
- Construction defect and building claims.
- Business interruption claims.
- Title insurance and escrow claims, including representation of most major underwriters as well as agents and insureds.
- Client insurance program evaluation and advice regarding potential areas for which coverage should be secured.