Parr Brown has handled patent litigation at both the trial and appellate levels on issues such as infringement, validity, inventorship, priority, antitrust implications, licensing, marketing, and injunctions.
We are qualified and staffed to handle all complex patent litigation strategies, including post-grant proceedings in front of the Patent & Trademark Office and the Patent and Appeal Board.
We have litigated patents around the country, particularly in the intermountain region (including Colorado, Montana, Arizona, Nevada, and Idaho), and also many other states including California and New York. And of course, we have particular experience litigating patent matters in the District of Utah. Our litigators have experience in front of Utah’s federal judges, and have mastered the District’s relatively new local patent rules. In just the past few years, several national firms litigating high-stakes patent disputes in the District of Utah have sought out our services as local counsel.
Representative Patent Litigation Clients:
- Merit Medical (interventional cardiology and radiology devices);
- HemaMetrics, Inc. (kidney dialysis equipment);
- Non-Invasive Medical Technologies, Inc. (oxygen saturation sensors, cardiac CCU devices);
- LeftsnRights, Inc. (pathbreaking internet advertising technology);
- Skins International Trading AG (high-tech sports apparel);
- Miche Bag, LLC (purses designed under interchangeable cover concept);
- American Silver / American Bio Tech Labs (high grade metallic colloided silver products);
- Palmer Performance Engineering (automotive performance software);
- Westcomb Outerwear (innovative outerwear);
- Jay Bird Gear (earphone and Bluetooth headsets);
- Wintersteiger (precision seed planters);
- Rion Co., Ltd. (high-tech contamination measurement equipment used in the semiconductor fabrication process; hearing aids; sound and vibration meters);
- acp (Advanced Clean Production), Gmbh. (contamination measurement and environmental monitoring equipment);
- Action Target, Inc. (portable, moving targets for recreation, military and police);
- Gastec Corp. (gas and harmful substance detection equipment);
- ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. (cutting-edge fitness machines);
- Brigham Young University (cationic selective antimicrobials);
- CDI Media, Inc. (DVD duplication technologies);
- Invitae Corp. (genetic testing for hereditary disorders);
- K2A, LLC (process for formulation of nutritional drink).