Parr Brown assists mining companies in acquiring, transferring, developing and operating mineral properties throughout North America and around the world. With an in-depth understanding of the issues that matter, we have successfully helped mining clients, large and small, with all kinds of exploration, earn-in, buy/sell, leasing, joint venture, financing and other mineral agreements, involving everything from gold and gemstones to coal and industrial minerals. We regularly assist owners and prospective owners, as well as local and international lenders and brokers, in performing due diligence and title reviews of mining properties. We also assist clients with permitting, environmental matters, public land use rights, water rights and other areas of natural resource use and development. Parr Brown is an active member of the leading industry associations, with recognized expertise and a wide range of satisfied clients.
- Extensive experience in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Chile and Africa.
- Exploration, operation, development, sales, and property and related asset transfers involving precious metals, base metals, industrial minerals, oil, gas, coal, geothermal resources, salt and gemstones.
- All aspects of public land use and regulation such as ownership, access, usage rights, mining claims, mineral leases, permitting, patenting, operational agreements, acquisitions, divestitures, title and ownership analysis, boundary disputes, and regulatory compliance.
- Due diligence on mining claims, water rights and other property holdings.
- Resolution or litigation of disputes among parties to development agreements, leasing and mineral title matters.
- Assistance with disputes and proceedings involving the Bureau of Land Management; the Forest Service; the Interior Board of Land Appeals; the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission; the Utah Board of Oil, Gas and Mining; the Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration; the Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands; and the Utah Division of Water Rights.
- Environmental due diligence, including environmental audits.
- Toxic tort lawsuits and private cost recovery actions.
- Environmental risk management.
- Legislative activities and rule-making proceedings.
- Environmental issues arising in the context of international trade.