Parr Brown provides legal counsel with respect to disputes between taxpayers and the Internal Revenue Service, Utah State Tax Commission, and other local taxing authorities. Parr Brown attorneys can assist taxpayers at all stages of administrative action, beginning with tax audits through formal administrative hearings and appeals. Parr Brown attorneys also represent clients in litigation of tax disputes before the United States Tax Court, federal district courts, and United States Courts of Appeal. Our attorneys have substantive expertise in all areas of federal corporate, partnership, trust, gift and estate, and individual taxation, and state and local income taxes, property taxes, and sales taxes.
Representative tax litigation services:
- Defending tax shelter investors against imposition of taxes and penalties related to their investments.
- Defending corporations in audits and subsequent tax court litigation to defend income recognition issues and expenses related to business and investment activities.
- Defending audits and litigation regarding gift and estate tax issues.
- Assisting property owners in appealing property tax valuations and assessments.
- Structuring payment plans, offers in compromise, innocent spouse relief, and other tax workouts.